Day 365 – The End
Well, here we are at the last post of the project. I can’t believe it! It’s been challenging to say the least, but also rewarding on so many more levels than I could have ever anticipated. What a great experience this has been!
Here are some interesting stats on the project:
- Over the year, I probably averaged about 1.5 to 2 hours per day between taking pictures, post processing, and posting to the photo sharing sites and the blog. That’s an estimated 700 hours (conservatively) time spent with photography this year. To put that into perspective, that is equal to 17.5 work weeks (based on a 40 hour work week).
- Well over 17,000 visits to the blog, and about 30,000 visitors on the 365 photo set on flickr.
- Nearly 900 comments left on the blog.
- During the year, I took well over 15,000 pictures (but didn’t keep about 4,000 of them)
- The number of times I will repeat the 365 photo project (zero!)
Now for the gratitude.
First and foremost, I want to thank my wife Susan for supporting me through this whole process. It couldn’t have happened any other way. Thank you also for being my main “selection judge” on so many days when I couldn’t decide which one to go with.
I also owe a special thanks to my friend and fellow 365’er Dave, who I talked into doing this with me. We made it! Having another photographer involved in the same effort has been invaluable for support, ideas, and feedback. It’s been great!
And a huge thanks to all family, friends, fellow 365’ers and commenters who have followed along through the project! You’ve made this a really great experience for me. I’ve so enjoyed hearing your comments and feedback throughout the year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Have a wonderful and prosperous 2011!